How Do Shared Hosting Plans Operate?
A shared hosting solution includes hoarding and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server run by a shared hosting supplier. There are various types of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's survey these. In that way, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to own a web portal, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with friends and associates.
- File hosting: a service made available by some firms, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file storage services frequently involve advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific stretch of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud shared hosting". This is a thoroughly wrong interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud shared hosting system would allocate the tasks at hand between separate packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous shared hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific corporations provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting type is good if you want to share a vast amount of pics with chums or associates since the solution is typically free. You will receive a random link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to managing your mail accounts. Some vendors offer shared hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an email solution. If you desire to manage an email address with your domain name but do not desire to own a website, then the email shared hosting solution is what you want. You can create e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain name. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your shared hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will allow you to possess as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system reserves.
- Shared hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to possess a site. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and mail address accounts, upload video files, etc. At Amaacon Web Hosting you can explore shared shared hosting and dedicated server accounts that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions depending on the type of shared hosting service that you've picked - a free web hosting account, a paid shared website hosting plan, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your shared hosting package may be better or worse compared with the common email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for specific web content only.
|Unlimited storage||Unlimited storage||Unlimited storage||Unlimited storage|
|Unlimited bandwidth||Unlimited bandwidth||Unlimited bandwidth||Unlimited bandwidth|
|5 websites hosted||Unlimited websites hosted||Unlimited websites hosted||1 website hosted|
|£5.50 / month||£10.96 / month||£14.95 / month||£3.50 / month|